Translate

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Room Creation Process > Screen Shots

Here's the process of my making a room in GameMaker 8.0 in screenshot format.

Lets Begin!

First, I create the basic structure and put my ending, I do this so I can construct arounf the final goal of the level's puzzle which is, in this case to open the last gate as late as possible so the person has to work to get to the end a bit.

See, there is an enemy so you know the end you have to be extra careful and there are the largest points in there so it appeals to one's motivation, but, you have to open that gate which now I go on to the next part.





Now I'm fleshing it out as it were, the two corners are where the scoreboard and music go then I cover them with some beautifying sprites so as to make the level look as organized as possible.


I create the other puzzles now, so that the key to open the end of the level is the last thing you are able to get to, and as a bonus there are a few of the highest points. - Also notice the beautify is there now with the scoreboard and music objects underneath it and I put the player, I used to put points first but I find it's easier if I put the player first. Why? I don't know...!

Before getting to this stage I had to test to see if it was possible, I want it hard but not literally impossible so I test that out before laying out my points and things like that.



Now I'm adding points, notice how I have them in sections of color not all mixed, I like to make it look as appealing as possible when making a level to look at, this way the person isn't bored of the graphics and it's more fun!



Okay, the points are all added now the puzzles are done everything is lovely! Only one thing left to do and I always do it last....


I add the point drainers! I do this last so it's consistent with the type of flowers that are around it, a random pansy won't normally be next to a rose unless I'm mixing roses and pansies already for color or something like that.


I have tested this room and it works fine! This will be one of the new rooms for the Extended Demo, I hope you enjoyed this write up!


~ God Bless ~


~ Firefly


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an all ages site, keep it classy.